Cat and Jhanz inspired me to do another random things about me post. I’d done this previously in 2009 with 25 random things about me, so this time I picked 30 because I turned 30 this year. XD I hope you guys all enjoy my random things!
1. I haven’t been back in the United States since the summer of 1995.
2. I have yet to visit Busan, making it the only major South Korean city I’ve yet to see.
3. My preferred nail shape is squoval. Photo from Lauren Beauty Blog.
4. I refuse to get a pedicure because I don’t want to break someone’s nose due to being highly ticklish.
5. I did my master’s degree capstone project on fanworks :D :D :D So basically I brought my long-time hobby into my degree!
6. I want to one day visit Nepal and Mongolia, thanks to TED Talks.
7. My very first domain was an embarrassment known as TCKingdoms.com. *hides*
8. This store in Otome Road, Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Japan owns my bank account. Seriously. If I lived in Tokyo, I’d go completely broke.
9. My very first RPG was Phantasy Star IV on Sega Genesis in 1994, back when I’d no idea what RPGs were!
10. I’d had the biggest crush on Rune and Wren in the aforementioned game.
11. I like fresh kimchi better than ripe kimchi.
12. But ripe kimchi are better in jjigae, bokkeumbap, and jeon!
13. Love Mode was the yaoi manga that really got me into yaoi mangas.
14. I want to visit Samarkand, Uzbekistan just because Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X was modelled after it.
15. I read these Barbie comics as a kid, and I still have them. They were actually pretty good, I thought. Photo from Newkadia.
16. I used to watch The Wonder Years, and I wish I could again.
17. I spoke Korean since I was at least four, but I didn’t learn how to read and write Korean until in fifth grade.
18. I took one year of German, and I learned nothing because I started my class late because of schedule changes. I just never caught up.
19. I took two years of Cisco Networking as a junior and senior in high school, and I really didn’t learn much. I just couldn’t grasp the concept of networking.
20. I never used or figured out IIRC.
21. I much prefered instant messengers, and I used ICQ, AIM, MSN, and Yahoo in my teens.
22. I visited the Mall of America with Camp Snoopy. I’m deeply saddened that Camp Snoopy is no longer there :(
23. My very first online fandom was in Slayers as a Lina/Zelgadiss shipper, and this anime also brought me back into the anime!
24. My second fandom was Gundam Wing, my gateway to shounen ai and yaoi.
25. My third and longest fandom was Harry Potter, which I’d been in since 2001 until the present (sort of).
26. My fashion sense has not changed since I was in seventh grade. My usual outfit consists of jeans, slip-on shoes or Crocs, socks, t-shirt, long-sleeved plaid shirt, and a hoodie during the winter.
27. I wanted to be an oncologist in ninth grade because I read far too many Lurlene McDaniel books.
28. The Diary of Anne Frank is what influenced me to be interested in the Holocaust.
29. I’m a secular humanist and an Atheist.
30. My love for music started quite young! :D