With 2017 ending, it’s time to look back on it! Last year I summarised my year with three different posts. This year, I’ve condensed everything into this single post. I’ve summarised my media consumptions, beauty product usages, and life happenings. I tried to keep this post short and simple. ^^ With that said, I wish you all the best in 2018!
New Books/Mangas: 15
Books/Mangas Re-reads: 90
For books and mangas, I did a lot of re-reads and read fifteen new books and mangas. My top three favourites reads for this year are:
* The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America’s Shining Women by Kate Moore
* One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus
* How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Here is my GoodReads summary. I also want to mention that I finally finished reading all of the The Baby-Sitters Club books this year. It only took me 20+ years . . .
New Fanfics: 62 fics / 1,712,000 words
Fanfics Re-reads: 62 fics / 3,604,000 words
Total: 124 fics / 5,316,000 words
I read and re-read a lot of fanfics this year. My Kindle Voyage, which I bought in the spring, had seen a lot of mileage! A good chunk of fanfics I read were from Yuri!!! On Ice, but I also read fics from Harry Potter, The Hobbits/The Lord of the Rings, and The Baby-Sitters Club.
Games Played: 9
Games Beaten: 7
I actually told myself to play more games this year, and I did! I played mostly on my PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS. My top games for this year are:
I’ve played over 60 hours on TFFCC alone. . . what can I say? That game is addicting, especially when it’s Final Fantasy music + rhythm game + RPG = HOMG-I-can’t-stop-playing!
Anime Series Watched: 2 / 25 episodes
Films Watched: 15
I watched a fair amount of animes and films this year. Granted most of them were re-watches, but I did watch Dunkirk . . . yes, I only saw one new film in theatre this year. Maybe 2018 will be the year I finally watch my backlog of DVDs and Blu-rays. Anyway, here’s my film diary on Letterboxd.
I’ve tried a decent amount of new beauty products, and these are the ones I consider the best for 2017. Last year, I’d gone crazy over Lush. This year, L’Occitane stole my heart. I really adore the shampoo and hand lotion. Hada Labo is another brand I’ve grown to love. Also, Sulwhasoo’s sleeping mask (or sleeping pack) was a great discovery, thanks to Jenny!
Shampoo: L’Occitane’s Aromachologie Body & Strength Shampoo
Conditioner: L’Occitane’s Citrus Verbena Fresh Conditioner
Soap: O My! Goat Milk’s Oatmeal, Milk, & Honey
Oil Cleanser: Hada Labo’s Gokujyun Cleansing Oil
Exfoliator: Skinfood’s Black Sugar Strawberry Mask Wash Off
Moisturiser: Hada Labo’s Gokujyun Clear Lotion
Sleeping Mask: Sulwhasoo’s Overnight Vitalizing Mask EX
Hand Lotion: L’Occitane’s Verbena Cooling Hand Cream Gel
Body Lotion: Lush’s Dream Cream
Lip Balm: Dr. Bronner’s Lemon Lime Lip Balm
Finally, here are all my major life happenings for 2017!
* Celebrated my 32nd birthday with a bum day.
* Heard that my old manager had a stroke, but she recovered well.
* Signed up for my first PO box.
* Visited Gangneung to attend the Four Continents Figure Skating Championship.
* Saw Hanyu Yuzuru compete in person!
* New boss allowed me to change my schedule so I could go home earlier.
* Visited my first animal cafe — a meerkat cafe.
* Ordered my Amazon Kindle Voyage for $40.29.
* Increased my credit card limits due to my good credit history.
* Bought two new Travelpro luggage.
* Travelled to Hakodate!
* Experienced my first connecting flight.
* Reunited with Christina Strain!
* Attended Comic World for the first time.
* Took a class called “Collaborative Leadership”.
* Travelled to Fukuoka!
* Attended “The Last Romantics” concert.
* Travelled to Busan!
* Continued my Busan trip.
* Sent my mum and aunts to Jeju!
* Took the Dale Carnegie Management class.
* Saw Dunkirk in theatre.
* Visited Times Square Mall for the first time.
* Computer died due to a failing hard drive.
* Replaced hard drive and did other maintenance to my computer.
* Tried VPS for my hosting but didn’t like it.
* Bought a MacBook Air.
* Tried Ethiopian food for the first time and loved it.
* Moved to a new house and new neighbourhood.
* Did a job interview for a position in Guam.
* Travelled to Guam to reunite my bestie of twenty-six years!
* Met Georgie for the first time!
* Suffered through some work headaches.
* Reunited with Tokki!
* Travelled to Osaka and met Sydney for the first time!
* Interviewed for a job in Japan.
* Was offered the job in Japan but turned it down for many reasons.
* Spent the rest of the month doing a lot of gaming.