2016 is ending, and I’ve set up a quick poll to see which columns my visitors enjoy the most. Please take a minute to do the poll. Moving on, it’s time for me to write my annual review post. This is the year where I kept track of my life on Evernote, so a lot of what I’ll write in my recap will be from there along with my blog. This year has been slightly more exciting (and stressful) compared to last year, especially when I changed jobs in August. That aside, I did have a pretty good year, and I am proud of myself for going through some crazy (and fun) times. I do hope that 2017 will be an even better year for me (and everyone else), and I wish everyone one of us a fantastic new year! Read on if you want to see my recaps. If not, see you all in 2017!
* I was reunited with this family who returned to Korea after a few years. It was great seeing them.
* I turned 31 by choosing to have a bum day. It was so relaxing!
* I took my 4-H Tech Club to do a photography shoot at a hotel, and I was about to treat them to some doughnuts, but a kind stranger ended up buying us the doughnuts instead!
* I tried volunteering in a children’s ward at St Mary’s hospital. I mostly played Jenga and did origami with the kids.
* I received Tiffany’s soap giveaway package!
* I began prepping for my photography contest in February.
* Eddy and I went to the Final Fantasy Piano Opera concert! We had a fun time listening to a solo pianist pound away music from the game series.
* I tried Chicago-style pizza for the very first time.
* Chantelle bought me some Lush products as a belated birthday present, and this started my love for Lush.
* I de-cluttered all my Baby-Sitters Club books.
* My Twitter went from being public to private.
* My photography contest went well, and Eddy even made me up for it!
* I tried out this free examination for lasik/lasek, but I didn’t go through it in the end.
* I met up with some former students I subbed for!
* I visited Seorae Maeul (French Village) in Seoul for the first time.
* I played some yaoi PC games for a bit this month.
* After years of deliberation, I finally bought a digital piano!
* My 4-H Club and I began our last major project together — a yearbook for the centre!
* I was in the mood to re-read the Little House books.
* I transitioned from Little Memory to Evernote to document my daily happenings.
* I gave counselling a try with this one bloke.
* April opened up with work drama when one of my co-worker decided to copy my lesson plans.
* I had my bi-annual medical appointment that ate up my bank account.
* This was the month where I had to deal with quite a few challenging children at work.
* I became terribly sick to the point it kept me out of work for two days in a row. I never call out two days in a row, so this was really unusual for me!
* I began training with Master Yoda!
* I visited my cousin’s restaurant and discovered some really delicious chicken gizzards.
* After waiting for years, I finally completed my Ze collection.
* I tried FightFit for the first time and did not enjoy it.
* This is the month where I’d forgot my keys at home and then lost my cellphone in a cab. Thankfully, I’d recovered my cellphone.
* Pilates proved to be a better fit for me than FightFit!
* I started visiting the dermatologist again for my acne issues.
* I went through two phone interviews, and one of them was for my current job.
* For the first time in years, I visited the dentist.
* Thao and I finally met in person, and we hung out for a few days!
* I finally completed the The Hunger Games films and fell in love with Finnick and Johanna.
* I baby-sat for a friend as a gift since it was her anniversary.
* Summer work schedule made a return and it completely exhausted me.
* I received a tentative job offer for my current job.
* I migrated my blog from Aigoo-Chamna.net to Aigoo.me!
* I met up with an old friend, Candy-unnie, and we had a great time meeting up with the same family I was reunited with in January.
* I read and became hooked on 11/22/63 by Stephen King.
* I finally sort of fixed my leave balance issue.
* I took a day trip down to my new workplace and spent the night there.
* Amazon Prime became a thing again, and I started to watch streaming shows.
* I purchased my first designer bag by Kate Spade! It came to me in August.
* I switched counsellors. The new one’s way better than the old one.
* Holland and I met up!
* I tried OkCupid again, only to be reminded why I hate that thing. Though I did get to know a couple of decent blokes.
* I visited Changdeokgung and the Secret Garden for the first time.
* I researched and ordered a mechanical keyboard that came to me in August.
* I upgraded to Windows 10 while it was still free.
* Shayne came to Seoul, and we met up and hung out together!
* I was given an official starting date for my new job.
* I planned and booked a return trip to Sokcho for November 2016.
* I learnt that I could open up another savings account, so I did and started putting my trip money there!
* I also booked a trip to Hakodate, Japan for April 2017.
* I ran into an issue with my driver’s licence.
* Nanta was an amazing experience. I’m so glad I saw the show!
* My last day at work happened, and we had a farewell party for me. It was a great gathering in one of my favourite restaurants.
* I started my new job, and that first week was super rough.
* I met my last blogger friend of this year — Chansoriya!
* I fell in love and later purchased my very first painting.
* Work pretty much took over my life this month since I had so much organisation and cleaning to do.
* An acquaintance and I stayed overnight at my workplace area to avoid the Chuseok traffic.
* I changed to a new cell phone, the iPhone SE.
* I tried staying at an Airbnb place near my workplace for one working week, and I grew super homesick.
* I resumed my Japanese studies.
* Work kept me hopping this month to the point I had to stay late some days.
* I bought my first prescription sunglasses and also had to get new frames and lenses for my regular glasses.
* I replayed Hakuouki on my PSP.
* Mum’s big 70th birthday bash took place, and it was loud. Thank goodness it only lasted a couple of hours!
* My workplace began to have a lot of drama to the point that everything became a major hot mess.
* I explored the city hall area near my workplace for the first time with a co-worker!
* I completed a huge project at work that left me feeling very accomplished!
* I had my desktop PC serviced for cleaning and upgraded its PSU.
* I went on leave for ten days. Spent a good chunk of it catching up with friends, hobbies, and sleep.
* I visited Sokcho again!
* Unfortunately, the US election really depressed me.
* I had a delicious Thanksgiving meal at one of my favourite restaurants.
* This was also the month I became addicted to Yuri!!! on Ice.
* I sent off all my annual holiday cards for the seventh consecutive year!
* I attended this free holiday party for the food!
* Work was a bit stressful, and some days were rough.
* I went to a John Williams’ concert, and it was a magical experience.
* I had a glorious 4-day weekend for Christmas and New Year!
* I learnt about “wireless ABCwhatever” and discovered the reason why my PS3 wouldn’t connect to my wi-fi.
* I started playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on the PS Vita.
* I visited my old workplace, and a lot of the kids remembered me and gave me hugs.
* My New Year’s Eve was spent at home. Peaceful and relaxing!