I can’t believe 2015 is almost over! Looking back this year, I realise that it’s been a fairly productive year! I’ve travelled to several new places in and out of Korea, I tried out some new things, and I even started up some new website projects and blogging columns. This year I’ve definitely spent a lot of time with my blog, and I’m glad I did. Most of my 2014 was spent recuperating from grad school, so I’m glad I managed to do a bit more this year than last. I have to say that I didn’t enjoy the idea of entering my 30s, but now I can say that it’s not looking so bad now :D
Anyway, check out my monthly recaps if you wish! If not, I wish you all a wonderful 2016! Here’s to another fabulous year of adventures!
* My new year started with me discovering that my sinuses are complete twits. I visited the ENT and spent $413 to learn that the sinus surgery I had several years ago did naught.
* I visited Osaka and Kyoto to celebrate turning 30! It was a nice getaway, but it wasn’t enough time for me to fully enjoy and explore Kansai!
* I turned 30 grudgingly and found myself not really wanting to say good-bye to my 20s!
* I commissioned Raisa to change my blog layout to something responsive and different. I ended up really loving what she did!
* February was the month where work kidnapped me. I had a major work project that took up most of my time, so I dedicated myself to that! Let’s just say my blog took a backseat then . . .
* I discovered that vinegar-based coleslaw is the best thing ever.
* In fact, I attempted my first slow cooker pulled pork.
* I started up a new column, Nostalgic Notes, which was based off of Georgie’s Things I Miss, and it was where I’d write about things I miss in my past.
* I joined Cup ran by Kya.
* I started up a new column, Symphonic Selections.
* I hosted a domain giveaway with Kya, in which Chynna won!
* I had a spring staycation that was far too short but still fun!
* I went and heard Beethoven’s “Symphony Nos. 6 and 7” by Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra at the Seoul Arts Centre. That ticket cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it!
* Towards the end of April, I started up a new knitting project, and throughout May, I spent a lot of my time doing that and re-watching a whole lot of movies. Oh, and I discovered TED Talks.
* I went on a major Ardium shopping spree, haha!
* I was in charge of doing a photo album message book for my big boss as her going away present. That was a huge task, but I’m glad I saw through it.
* Jacquie came back for a visit, so I caught up with her!
* I made butter chicken in my slow cooker for the first time.
* I finished my knitting project — an afghan!
* I met Teru after years of being Internet friends!
* My aunt and uncle bought a puppy, and I met and fell in love with my doggy cousin!
* I discovered subscription boxes, and they became my newest obsession the next few month.
* I decided to finally invest in a portable computer — a Chromebook!
* At work, I hosted a summer trivia programme. My head was overflowing with random trivia facts.
* I visited Chantelle in Bundang for the first time!
* I hosted a Korean stationery giveaway and Amanda won!
* I ordered two custom bags for myself.
* I applied to be a restaurant editor in Seoul and was accepted!
* Chantelle and I experienced our first afternoon tea.
* I started a new column on my blog, Blogger Dossiers, to feature other bloggers :)
* My mum had a major heart surgery, and that transformed me into a ditzy git. I don’t handle stress very well, apparently.
* This domain turned 13! It became a teenager, haha!
* I became well-acquainted with my Chromebook!
* I also started playing Starfighter: Eclipse.
* I met Drinkingcocoa Unnie and her family!
* I attended Chantelle’s graduation!
* I de-cluttered my bookcase to where I ended up with 90% mangas and 10% books.
* Georgie and I merged Things I Miss and Nostalgic Notes into Timeless Thoughts, which is now a monthly blog link-up :)
* I started playing Amnesia: Memories, and I read The Heroes of Olympus series.
* I began planning my trip to Sokcho.
* I started my holiday cards early. Super early.
* I visited Pangyo for the first time ever to hang out with Chantelle.
* I launched my new food website! This pretty much took up most of my time for October.
* However, I did start up a new skincare regime thanks to Eddy!
* And I met up with my high school alumni and he took me to Cheongnyangni Market for the first time!
* I had to say farewell to my friend David who was moving back to the US :(
* I officially left Harry Potter fandom after being in it since 2001-2002 timeframe.
* My two-week autumn vacation happened where I visited Sokcho for the first time. First time I travelled completely alone. I saw the East Sea and Mt. Seorak.
* Chantelle and I went to a recital performed by Itzhak Perlman.
* I went back to Pangyo to meet Chantelle and I re-visited Hyundai Department Store since my first visit was too crowded and hectic on the weekend, but on the weekday, it was perfect!
* My subscription box obsession came to an end.
* I mailed off my holiday cards!
* Eddy and I went to a Thanksgiving dinner event.
* We had half a snow day. Well, maybe one-fourth a snow day, but we did receive a sudden amount of snow that made us close work early XD Too bad the snow was all gone the next day :(
* Christmas 2015 meant an overrun flat with relatives and getting 200,000 won and $200 USD from Mummy and Daddy.
* The day after Christmas, Eddy and I went to a Christmas dinner event.
* I made plans to meet up with Chibi Toaster and spend New Year’s Eve with her!