I’ve tried yet another thing in my slow cooker! This time I attempted the pot roast. This dish is not something my mum ever made for us, so it’s not a dish common in our household. I tried it once or twice at a restaurant, and I did attempt it a few years ago on the stovetop, but those experience didn’t leave me all hyped about the pot roast. Yet this one turned out so good. The meat was so moist and tender, and the vegetables tasted good together. My parents agreed, so this will be another slow cooker staple for me! See below on how I made it. You don’t have to stick to the seasonings I did. You can replace garlic powder and oregano with something else. I just used those because those were what I had in my cabinet.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
1-2 pound beef chuck roast
2-4 potatoes sliced in chunks
1/2 bag of baby carrots
2 small onions sliced in chunks
salt and pepper
1. Put the onions on the bottom of the pot.
2. Season the beef with garlic powder and set it on top of the onions.
3. Place the potatoes around the beef.
4. Sprinkle some pepper and then put the carrots on top of the beef.
5. Sprinkle more pepper and some salt and oregano.
6. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 5-6 hours.