Because my grandmother seems to have developed problems with gluten, I’ve been on a hunt for baking recipes that are gluten-free. I ended up buying almond flour/meal, so I decided to try this recipe. My conclusion? Well, the dough ended up being very crumbly. I’m not sure how it’s possible to even roll it and use a cookie cutter. Just doing the hand method alone took a while, and it required a lot of extra water to keep it moist. Also, the icing? It was a pain in a behind to mix, haha! Regardless, these cookies tasted good. My mum, who’s not fond of overly sweet things, loved them, so the next time she visits my grandma, I’ll be sending these with her!
Almond Flour Tea Cookies
3 cups almond flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoon ground cinnamon (more if you want a stronger taste!)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoon honey
1 egg white
1 cup powdered
1 egg white
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 300 F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the cookies ingredient by hand. Add little bit of water to make the mixture less dry and crumbly. Like about 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
3. Roll dough into small balls and flatten them on the baking sheet.
4. Bake the cookies about 15-20 minutes.
5. While the cookies baking, mix the glaze ingredients (it was be THICK and STICKY).
6. Cool the cookies and then apply the icing.