This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I love these Quaker Oats Granola Bites, but the place I can buy them from is almost $2.00 a small bag. It’s just too expensive, so I decided to try making my own granola bites using this no-bake recipe.
I like them a lot. Very tasty and nommy, but forming the balls I did not enjoy. It involved a lot of hard squishing, and I made about 10 balls before calling it quits, haha! The rest of the batter I just ate with a spoon. Will I try this again? Probably, but I may get my mum to help with the ball part.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chips Granola Bites
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/4 to 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Mix the honey and the peanut butter.
2. In another bowl, mix the oats, cereal, and chocolate ships.
3. Add the oat mixture to the honey mixture and blend well.
4. Chill the mixture for 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Take a bit at a time and squish them hard into balls.
6. Store in an airtight container for about a week in the refrigerator.