This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
When I found this recipe, I thought it was fascinating. A muffin made from oats instead of flour. Huh. I finally made it. It’s not bad, I think. It was just a pain to clean the blender afterwards, but it’s not a bad way to make a muffin. I used frozen strawberries, and they made my muffins gooey. I guess I didn’t absorb all the moisture well. I’ll have to try blueberries next time.
Strawberry Oat Muffins
2 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
1 cup plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
3-5 tablespoon of agave nectar (more if you want it sweeter)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup strawberries (diced and patted dry)
12 silicone or foil muffin cups. Paper ones will not work!
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Line the muffin pan.
2. Place all ingredients (except strawberries) in a blender or food processor. Blend and mix until oats are smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a bowl and stir in the strawberries.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.