St Patrick’s Day has come and gone, but that still didn’t stop me from wanting to try this Chocolate Guinness Cake recipe. The only thing is, I had no springform pan, so I decided to just make them into cupcakes. I’m glad I did. This turned out to be the moistest chocolate cake I’ve ever had! It was so delicious!
Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes
1 cup stout or porter beer, such as Guinness
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 1/2 cups superfine/caster sugar
1/2 cups dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large saucepan place the beer and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Add the cocoa powder and sugars and whisk together. Take off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
3. In another bowl beat together the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract until very, very well combined. Add to the butter-beer mixture and whisk together.
4. In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the beer-butter mixture and whisk together until it just comes together.
5. Line the cupcake pan with the cupcake cups and spoon in the batter 1/2-3/4 full.
6. Bake for about 18-22 minutes.
7. Cool and frost them with the icing of your choice. Cream cheese frosting is recommended!
Yield: About 20 cupcakes.
Oh, these cupcakes are awesome. I now have a use for beer.