This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I bought a box of unsweetened baking chocolate, and after making some hot chocolate with those, I decided to try this recipe to use up the chocolates. One bowl my arse. Because I didn’t want the cream cheese mixture to be all brown and nasty looking from the brownie mix residue, I ended up washing the bowl before having fun with the cream cheese. So technically, it was not one bowl for me!
Despite the whole bowl thing, these brownies came out nice. So nommy! I like them a lot! Nommmmm!
Cream Cheese Brownies
4 squares Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
5 eggs, divided
1-1/4 cups flour, divided
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Line 13×9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Grease foil.
3. Cook chocolate and butter in large saucepan on very low heat just until chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 cups sugar.
4. Add 4 eggs; mix well. Stir in 1 cup flour until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
5. Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar, egg, and flour in same bowl with whisk until well blended. Spoon over brownie batter and swirl gently with knife.
6. Bake 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely. Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan before cutting to serve.