This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I saw this recipe, and I suddenly had this urge to try it. I had to go grocery shopping anyway, so before heading to the commissary, I checked out the PX for a bundt pan. I did not find any. ~_~; So I decided to try it in that rectangle pan instead. I ended up modifying the recipe a bit.
Tara’s Modified Butterscotch Rum Pound Cake
1 1/3 cups butterscotch morsels + 1 cup for the glaze
1 pkg. (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
4 large eggs
1 cup sour cream (well, it was almost 1 cup since Dad took a tablespoon for his dinner)
1 cup milk + 2 tablespoon for the glaze
2 tablespoons of imitation rum extract
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans + 1/2 cup for the topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Microwave 1 1/3 cups morsels in uncovered microwave-safe bowl on medium-high power for 1 minute. Stir. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted. Cool to room temperature.
3. Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, milk, rum extract, butter and melted morsels in large mixer bowl. Stir in 1 cup nuts. Pour into greased up pan.
4. Bake for about 60 minutes.
5. For the glaze, microwave the remaining morsels and the milk on medium-high. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until melted. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
6. Pour glaze over cake and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
The end results? It came out so moist and so delicious! Just, nommmmmmm! Definitely beats that 4,800 won ($4.50) cupcake from Monster Cupcakes, a new store in my neighbourhood. Honestly, the more I bake, the more I realise that some places just cannot make their stuff right!