This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
My room is still a junkyard, but it’s slowly turning into Boxland. I swear, I feel like I’ve been packing for the last six months instead of the last week or so. During all my packing adventure, I’ve learned the following:
- Packing tapes and permanent markers are your best friends!
- Those medium or large-sized USPS priority flat-rate boxes are the perfect size to pack mangas, DVDs, and games because of their sizes. Because it’s rather “small”, I can stuff them to the max and they won’t be too heavy for me to carry. Whereas if I stuff a big box of those stuff . . . well, I’ll end up breaking a back or two while I lift them.
- Putting fragile, breakable items into clean, old socks is pretty much win.
- Being anal and packing do not go hand-in-hand at all ~_~;; I’ve given up trying to stuff only one particular thing (ie: PS2 video games only) into each boxes.
- Simply put, packing is an adventure . . . to hell and back again times a billion.
You know what’s sad about all this? I think I packed about twenty boxes, but I’ve a feeling I need about thirty more . . .
I am so sick of packing! Where’s Harry Potter when I need him?! I could really use him to cast Reducio and Engorgio when I bring them to the new place. And I’m the idiot who decided to move these stuff myself because I don’t trust the movers. Luckily, I can lug most of them on my own, but there are three things I need to figure out how to move by myself. Those three things are: my 32″ TV, my 24″ computer monitor, and Provo the computer. Of all the things to move, those three are something I will be physically incapable of carrying, and those three things are NOT to be touched by the movers . . . so how will I solve this dilemma?
. . . Anybody got a husband/boyfriend I can borrow for this? It’s only going to take about twenty minutes (or less!) since we’re moving right next door!