This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Another year is ending. Time really flies, and I’m always amazed by it. I’m also amazed by all the stuff that had happened to me in a single year. There were many days when nothing really special had happened, where it was just a monotonous day of me going to work, messing around on the Internet, and doing one of my hobbies. I always try to document something unusual in my daily routines, and it’s fascinating to see just what accumulates in a year!
Below, I’ve summarised my year by months. No, I do not have great memory. A lot of these are events I’ve blogged about that has happened to me outside my Internet life, so I’ve skimmed through all my entries in 2010 to compile this list. I do this because I like being organised and I like having a summary laid out before me. So without further ado, here’s my review of 2010.
* Had a five-day weekend (including two snow days) due to getting a bunch of snow, the most since like the early 1900s!
* Enjoyed my winter vacation, where I turned 25 . . . X_X;;
* Did a lot of fanfic writing this month!
* Got my first HPV vaccination shot and a new cellphone called Ceru!
* Continued to write a lot of fanfics this month.
* Got a WiBro (this wi-fi modem service) for my netbook, which caused my sound driver to act weirdly.
* Became really hooked on Google Chrome as my main browser.
* Attended the Distant Worlds (music from Final Fantasy) concert and was enthralled.
* Finally put up a new layout for Insidious Disquisition (my HP Fanfic site).
* After five months, I got my MP3 player back and other crap from a so-called dickhead.
* Was addicted to watching the figure skating competition at the Winter Olympics — was totally rooting for Kim Yu-Na, Patrick Chan, and Johnny Weir!
* Solved my netbook’s sound problem!
* Capriccio celebrated its fifth anniversary with a new layout and a special rotation.
* Suffered from blogential angst XD;;
* Played and completed Gyakuten Kenji aka Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.
* The infamous Jeremy Crawford IMed me. It was not a pleasant experience.
* Ate at this Middle Eastern restaurant in Itaewon with a friend, and we confused the host there.
* Tired of having black hair, I had my roots dyed.
* Was itching to travel somewhere . . . so was stuck between Tokyo and Washington D.C.!
* PWNED these middle school students in karaoke at work.
* My friend Stitch came to visit Korea for a week.
* While hanging out with Stitch, we discovered Disco Jump. Holy hell, that was a painful experience.
* Started to re-learn how to knit.
* Knitted my first scarf for my grandmother!
* Started my first fest for HP fandom and finished quite a few fics!
* Took another mini-vacation.
* Highlighted my hair to be “illegally blonde”.
* My beloved bunny, Grumpy, had gone to the happy bunny land this month. I was truly heartbroken.
* Finished another scarf for a co-worker.
* Found my mother this nail file she wanted and ordered them for her.
* Daddy and I had another yaoi conversation XD;;
* Was addicted to the World Cup!
* Celebrated Korea’s first win at Noxa with Johnnie Walker Black!
* Finished a scarf for my teddy bear!
* Had the worse false alarm in the world where I thought my daddy was suffering from a heart attack.
* Made version 25 for my domain!
* Moved my HP fanfiction site and converted it to WordPress.
* Finished a scarf for my best friend.
* Met Ms Bizarro for a fun night out!
* Also met Katy and her boyfriend and hung out with them a few times. It was a blast!
* Applied for this clerical job and had an interview with no luck.
* Work was pretty much hell for me this month.
* Ordered five anime series boxset when Amazon had this big sale.
* Was addicted to Persona 3 Portable.
* Had my final HPV shot.
* Contacted SWS about a certain situation and even had a meeting with them later.
* James Dean was the object of my affection this month.
* Stupid cab driver took me to the wrong stop. Grrr. I think he misheard me on purpose.
* Went shoe shopping.
* Beat Persona 3 Portable as the guy and decided to re-play it as a girl.
* Bought new pair of glasses that cost me 55,000 won.
* Had a really shitty time at work again for a couple of weeks.
* Made a couple of new friends at work. I love my new Unnies!
* Finished another scarf — this time for Mummy.
* Gifted Daddy this Victorinox Swiss Army watch as his birthday present.
* Typhoon Kompasu did some damage to Seoul, causing us to have two typhoon days!
* Daddy gave me permission to visit Tokyo in October!
* Watched The Outsiders and fell in love with it.
* Requested leave which was approved and booked my vacation to Tokyo!
* Spent a lot of this month planning for my Tokyo trip.
* Seoul suffered from flash flooding, which made my workplace close early.
* Decided to re-read the entire Animorphs series. Which I pretty much did before I went to Tokyo in October.
* Finished a scarf for my friend in Japan.
* Discovered that there’s a difference between SD and SDHC cards. Bugger!
* Started knitting an afghan for Daddy.
* Was very unhappy with the credit union merger!
* Went to Tokyo and enjoyed what’s perhaps the best week of my life!
* Met Pastles, Caroline Lamb, Yurie-san, Elizabeth, and Ahmio in Tokyo!
* Made ugly mandoos!
* Work exhausted and stressed me out.
* Had to suffer through the credit union hell. Not pleasant.
* Tonsillitis came and tortured me!
* North Korea attacking that island made me worry.
* Started to debate on getting a PlayStation 3 or a Blu-Ray player.
* Sent out my Christmas cards (and suffered from the sparklies getting all over the place). All 62 of them, including two packages.
* First snow of 2010-11 winter — it came earlier than usual.
* Was told to get five shots. Ugh!
* Got my new credit card, but not my debit card, and applied for a new credit card with Amazon.
* Tried vegemite for the first time ever. Daddy ending up loving it the most.
* Got those five shots . . . the MMR booster hurt the most!
* Had a very unpleasant situation with Facebook disabling my account on the basis that I was using a fake name. They’d wanted me to send them private documents to verify my real name. I stood my ground and told them I felt like I was a victim of racial profiling, and they apologised and re-enabled my account.
* “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” got repealed. SO HAPPY.
* Worried about North Korea’s reaction to South Korea’s military drills.
* Was greeted by a new TV (named Blackbeard) and a PlayStation 3 (named Snarky) from Daddy! Hooray for HDMI gaming and movie watching!
* Started playing Eternal Sonata for the PlayStation 3. Am in love with that game!
* Had a lovely snow day — an extra day off from work!