This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I had my final HPV vaccination shot today. OW.
Am still playing Persona 3 Portable like crazed fangirl. I still drool over Akihiko. I’m getting close to the end. Hopefully, this mojo of mine doesn’t disappear, and I beat it soon!
I normally don’t do this, but this video game meme’s calling my name . . . so here it is LOL.
1) What was your FIRST video game console?
Do arcade games count? Those are a form of console, right? If not . . . the computer or this weird Koreanised system my uncle had. All I remember is that I played Mario and other stuff on it. But my first, actual console is the Game Boy I received in summer of 1995 . . . in Minnesota of all places. And then in Christmas of 1995, I finally received an SNES!
2) Name a few games you played on said console.
- Arcade = PACMAN (not that I was ever great at it). I vaguely remember me playing that at the bowling alley at the age of five! Or six? Anyway, I’ve also enjoyed the bazillion Street Fighters games, Mortal Kombat, pinball machines, Cruisin’ USA, and etcetera.
- PC = King’s Quest VI and all these edutainment games including Oregon Trail, Yukon Trail, and those old Apple games like Odell Lake and Lemonade Stand!. Btw, I loved Eagle Eye Mysteries, and I wish I could replay that on an emulator, but I cannot find it anywhere! BOO.
- Game Boy = Pocahontas (hey, I’d just seen the movie that summer, so sue me ~_~;), Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, and etcetera.
- SNES = Tetris Attack, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, and etcetera.
3) Excluding handhelds, how many VG consoles do you own presently?
1 SNES, 1 PSX, 2 PS2 (A first generation and a slim one), and 1 GameCube.
4) Were you a Street Fighter nut? Any character in particular?
Sure, at the arcades! I think I always liked playing Ryu. I think.
5) Do you think Capcom is a FUCKING awesome company with kickass character designs?
With Gyakuten Saiban, HELL YES.
6) Here’s the scenario… You had some friends over and you all ate FRIED CHICKEN! After the meal you all decide to play some video games. As your friend reaches for a controller you notice his/her hands are very “greasy.” Are you the type that would insist they wash their hands before pawing the controller, or is it no big deal?
I’d definitely make them wash their hands! I’m very picky about keeping my consoles somewhat in good condition!
7) What’s your favorite RPG/Action RPG?
WTF. IS THIS A TRICK QUESTION. ARGH. I’ll go with . . . damn . . . er . . . Suikoden 2!
8) Do you prefer 2D games or 3D games?
2-D. Especially with anime CGs and whatnot. 3-D games makes me dizzy, especially if the camera angles are crap and whatnot.
9) Are you an SNK fan?
I’ve had to look this up on Google, and I read this. Uh, what? I guess it’s safe to say my answer is NO.
9) Are you good at DDR?
I prefer Pump It Up! over DDR. XD
10) Who wants to kick that dog’s ass from Duck Hunt?
I’ve never played that game, so I can’t answer this.
11) Have you skipped out on important events in life because of video games?
Not really. I’ve learned to sacrifice sleep. Like that one time I played Suikoden until 9am once . . . and I had class at 11:45am . . . and I only had one hour of sleep. Er, yeah.
12) Do you listen to video game music?
Yes. Video game music are awesome.
13) Have you ever cosplayed a VG character?
14) Have you ever been in an arcade playing a fighting game, KICKING ASS, and then some 6 year old Asian kid comes in and OWNS YOU??
Considering that I live in an Asian country where I’m surrounded by Asian kids . . . yeah. LOL. Then again, I’m not exactly great at fighting games. It was all button mashing for me.
15) Name three games you would love to see remakes of if it was done properly.
Hm. Suikoden 1 because I’d kill for them to redo the characters’ portraits in the style of Suikoden 2! Tir McDohl was much sexier in the second game! XD As for the other two games . . . I can’t really say.
16) Mario or Sonic?
Both, though I’ve played Mario more than Sonic.
17) When a movie shows up in the theaters, let’s use Spider-man as an example, are you likely to buy the GAME version?
I did as a kid. Now? No way!
18) What is your LEAST favorite genre of video games? (ex. fighting, sports, shooters, etc.)
Anything not RPG/text-adventure game. I play for the plot/character development more than anything else.
19) Is there a game out there that you feel was unique and didn’t get enough love?
Suikoden series! Though Suikoden III was the most hyped up crap of the series. Also, Time Hollow needs more loving.
20) Have you ever verbally abused a game because you couldn’t beat one of the levels and/or bosses?
Oh, yes. And I nearly wanted to abuse the console as well.
21) Do you own any VG apparel?
Not really . . . ^^;
22) What are your thoughts on the live-action Super Mario Bros movie?
I haven’t seen it, and I don’t want to see it. Though John Leguizamo is awesome.
23) On that note, what did you think about the live-action Street Fighter movie?
I don’t even want to think about it. Though Mortal Kombat wasn’t too bad.
24) Who’s hottest out of the KOF chicks?
I’m guessing it’s King of Fighters? If that’s the case, no idea since it’s been ages since I’ve touched it.
25) Do you say “old-school” a lot when you’re having a VG conversation with others?
YES! Though I’m not that old-school . . . like NES/Atari old-school.
26) Have you ever lent someone a game and they returned it to you damaged?
Not really because I don’t lend games to people who are not responsible!
27) Do you own any imported games?
Nope. No point since I wouldn’t be able to understand Japanese!
28) Are you ready for this meme to be over, or could you keep going?
29) In this scenario, let’s pretend you’re going to get a video game tattoo! What would you get and where?
I don’t like tattoos. Period.
30) Have you ever cried after you beat a game? If so why?
YES. I’ve cried with many games, but I remember Suikoden 2 really making me cry the most. T____T. And homg, the fourth case in Gyakuten Saiban 3 (aka: Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations) really made me bawl.