This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Out of the kindness of my heart (XD What heart? I’ve always thought I lacked one!), I’ve decided to host a domain contest. It’s simple, I purchase the domain, I transfer it to you, and then I’ll host you on my paid hosting plan. :) Just comment and I’ll pretty much do a random number picker thing off the net. The contest will run for the next couple of weeks.
Here are the rules:
1) You must already have a site for me to see what you are capable of and how reliable you are. Last thing I want to do is buy a domain for someone who just leaves it empty. SEE RULE #7. Give me URL there.
2) I prefer if you’re over 18. I do not want angry parents coming after me with the Internet axe.
3) The domain extension you can choose from are dotCOM, dotNET, dotORG, dotINFO, dotBIZ, and dotUS. It will be purchased from Namecheap.com.
4) Please read the rules about hosting here. Bottom line, I do not wish to host anything that will suck my bandwidth, anything inflammatory and discriminatory, and anything illegal. Not that hard. Really.
5) The domain will be paid for exactly one year. After that, you’re responsible for any future renewal and payments. Hosting will still be free as long as you pay for the domain!
6) This contest will end on 12:00am December 27, 2009 GMT+9 time zone. That will be 2:00am December 27, 2009 in Sydney, Australia area; 3:00pm December 26, 2009 in UK area; and 10:00am December 26, 2009 in Eastern USA time.
7) All you have to do is comment on this entry. Please fill out the e-mail slot with a working email. Make sure you give me a URL to a working website, too! :)
In the comment box, give me the following:
Read the rules?: State you have read the rules here.
Age: I really want this. Even if I already know you, give me your age just for simplicity’s sake! :)
What kind of site are you wanting or thinking of having?:
State that you are joining this contest in your own words! (ie: Number me away! XD)
8) Contest winner will be notified by email sometime around December 27, 2009 my time zone. The winner will be given 48 hours to respond. If no response is made, then I’ll choose another random number for another person to win.
9) Please come up with some domain name ideas and double-check with their availability at Namecheap.com. I don’t exactly want to wait two weeks for you to think of a name! XD
10) Read the rules. If it’s obvious you didn’t by the way you comment, you will not be qualified.
11) Good luck! ^_^
Feel free to spread the word about this contest! Any questions or comments? Ask here, too.