This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Okay, it was over a week, but whatever. It counts. I’ve been occupied with a lot of activities, so that’s my excuse for disappearing from this blog for a while. Now, I am going to present my adventures in a list format because lists are cool!
KTX Trip to Gwangju
- Six months ago, I visited Gwangju (on the same day of former President Roh’s death). On November 6, 2009 (Friday), I decided to visit my grandmother again.
- Gave my mother $100 and my grandmother $100 each.
- KTX tickets are expensive ~_~;; $75 for round-trip.
- Spent six hours (three hours one-way) riding it where I slept through most of the ride.
- I surprised my grandmother, my aunt, and even my mother, who knew I was coming!
- Brought my grandmother some more fuzzy socks and snacks for her.
- Spent over $50 on taxi money for one day. In fact, this whole trip cost me $350 more or less.
- But it was worth making my grandmother happy.
Greek Cuisine Excursion
- I found a Greek restaurant, called “Santorini”, behind Hamilton Hotel in Itaewon, and I was curious to try it out with my friend.
- We made it during lunch time, so we got to try their pork gyros and chicken gyros set menu for 13,000 won ($12) which included fries and drinks.
- Also, we ordered this yoghurt, garlic, cucumber dip thingie, which came in handy for our fries and the free bread.
- Their fries, which were sliced up potatoes (like thick potato chips), were bloody fantastic!
- Their baklava (which I’ve been dying to try because I read it in one of The Baby-Sitters Club books) was good but so sweet. Wow. I have a high tolerance for sweet, but that was overdone.
- All together, our meal came to cost about 42,000 won ($40), and it was well worth it.
- Finished editing my 30K-words long fic for Harry Holidays.
- Betad a 30K-words fic for someone else.
- Signed up for two fanfic “challenges”.
- One fic I’m working on will be a Hogwarts University fic.
- Finished the fanmix for that fic, including coming up with the song list, renaming the songs, and designing the cover and the tracklist.
- Need to plan an outline for the other fic!
Osan Air Force Base Escapades
- I went there on November 13, 2009 (Friday the 13th!).
- After running an errand for work, I visited Osan to see a friend and hang out with him all day.
- I slept on the bus going there.
- Had brunch at awesome, wonderful, amazing Checkertails!
- Went to the BX and bought a wallet, two gloves, a Santa bear, Skittles, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, and a new bag for Portie. How all that came to $94 is beyond me.
- Headed to the shopping district area outside the base.
- There’s an Obama’s Realty, a club called Badabing, a GameStop rip-off that only accepts USD and sell Korean version of the games, and a bunch of other weirdly named places.
- Could not find a decent cafe there, so spent time at Baskin-Robbins. FAIL.
- Discovered they had ice cream fondue set for 12,000. It really enticed us, but we refrained from getting it.
- Had dinner at Checkertails again.
- Came back to Seoul by sleeping on the bus again!
An Ode to My Slytherin Scarf
- It keeps me warm.
- It saved me from freezing in one of the cold spells on a 0 degree Celsius day.
- It is very thick!
- It also makes a wonderful pillow when folded up! Especially on a bus ride!
I was very busy. Yay. Now to be even more busier with a four-day training from Monday to Thursday! The training starts at the most ungodly hour of eight in the morning and lasts until two in the afternoon. Then I have to work on some of those days until 8pm. I am so looking forward to a ten-hour work day!