This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Wow, I feel like my staycation is flying by. Maybe I should have requested a longer break . . . maybe I’ll do that next time! I’ve been keeping myself busy, though! I’m glad I decided to do this. I really needed this break. Here’s what I’ve been doing for the first half of my vacation so far.
October 14 — Wednesday
* Tried a new sandwich place in Bogwang-dong called Sandwich story. I had a bulgogi sandwich and iced green tea latte.
* Am familiar with all three Yongsan village buses. Whoo hoo.
October 15 — Thursday
* Went to the commissary to order a birthday cake for my former band teacher.
* Visited the high school where I was quizzed on some musical term and was given a free hot dog.
* Walked over to the bank to withdraw some moola.
* Rode a bus to meet my friend in Huam-dong.
* Rode another bus to my neighbourhood where we encountered and were stuck in an air-raid exercise. All traffic were stopped as some announcer blared out instructions and his life story for a long fifteen minutes.
* Ate some yummy beef and lamb tortilla kebab set at Istanbul for 6,500 won ($5.50ish USD).
* Exchanged some dollar into won at a money exchange place in my neighbourhood. The poor man there told me that recently a bunch of African-descent middle school students stole a bunch of won from him when he was distracted. Not cool. X_X;;
* Walked over to Hell Beans. My friend and I talked about animes and video games for a good two hours.
* Went to my job place to meet a co-worker. We decided to have dinner, and we chose to eat bossam at this place in Huam-dong for 20,000 won ($19ish USD). It wasn’t very appetising. I am not going back there.
* Came home exhausted.
* Received $100 from Daddy. Yay!
October 16 — Friday
* Cleaned Grumpy’s cage and the whole area around it.
* Met my friend at Dongbu Ichon-dong.
* Walked past Pizza Hand, which is small pizza chain. Well. It used to be a pizza restaurant. Now it’s a clothes store, but the people are apparently too lazy to change the sign. Oi.
* Went to Pho Bay to have have some Vietnamese cuisine. We made a mistake with our order. See, the menu wasn’t very clear. When we looked at the pho set, it said pho, pork chop, and two egg rolls. My friend thought the pork chop was in the pho. I was thinking it was . . . well, porkchop. Turns out it was a rice dish. We also ordered the spring roll, egg roll, and Queen something (Shomai?) starter, two set, and a separate chicken and rice dish. Needless to say, we had one extra rice dish that was rather unnecessary. Oops. This meal all together cost around 42,000ish won ($40ish USD). We were rather full after that.
* Had dessert at Red Mango. We had mango and strawberry yoghurt lattes for 5,300 won each ($4.80ish). We both thought it was pretty damn pricey for its size, but it still tasted delicious.
October 17 — Saturday
* Went to Hell Beans to work on a fanfic.
* Discovered how lovely it was to have a netbook and a wi-fi access at the cafe.
* Visited my co-worker and played the piano for a forty-five minutes or so.
* Had some database issues that was resolved easier than I expected.
That’s it! Tomorrow, I plan to stay home and bum around . . . but we’ll see what happens. I plan stuff, but I still do stuff spontaneously. :)