This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Dusty, dusty, toil and trouble.
Swirling particles, room is dusty.
— Tara-Chan from “1001 Ways to Butcher Shakespeare“
On Saturday night, around 11:00 pm, I decided to clean my room out thoroughly. Actually, I’ve been thinking about doing it lately, so why not do it over Columbus’ Day weekend? Normally, I don’t do this major cleaning until December (Christmas + Relatives = Gathering at TC’s place), but I decided to do it a bit earlier this year. I stayed up until Sunday morning at 3:30 am, and then in the afternoon, I finished the rest.
Well, after about three garbage bags full of trash, several piles of wet and dusty rags covered with about five years worth of dust, and one exhausted room owner, here’s the visual result of the room. Be glad I didn’t take pictures of the messy one. I decided not to traumatise my readers.
- Under the piano, I have at least seven bags of books that doesn’t fit in my bookcase.
- On top of the DVDs/CDs/video tapes cabinet are all bags of stuffed animals.
- I decided to get rid of the stereo, which used to be on the vanity set because I don’t use the bugger.
- See those piles of books and mangas on the thing next to the bookcase? Those are all my to-read piles.
- I still need to read those Death Note mangas, its boxset sitting neglected on the piano.
- The display on top of the piano is only 1/4th of the stuff I want to display. The rest of it are in boxes, packed away.
- I discovered my best friend’s AP Statistics assignment on top of the DVDs cabinet. I can’t remember how it came into my possession. O_O;;
- I found plenty of books Grumpy — my bunny — had chewed on. I wonder if she finds paper and cardboard to be that appetising.
Honestly? Another reason why I cleaned and threw stuff away? I’m slowly starting to pack things up for when we move to a smaller place next year. I’m not looking forward to it. I’ll miss this apartment and my huge room.