This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
* Curse the few American channels for NOT showing the opening ceremony — making me resort to watching the ceremony on a Korean channel, starting with MBC. Damn me for pushing an unknown button on the remote and losing the channel on my mother’s confusing cable TV — took me 10 minutes to find MBC. Fuck MBC for taking a commercial break in a middle of a live performance. Thank you KBS1 for not doing a commercial break.
* Wow. Just simply spectacular. The Chinese went overboard with it. Seriously, if I understood the Korean commentator, they said the acts were practised for ten months? Wow. Talk about serious dedication.
* I am amazed that the fireworks didn’t start a huge fire. That was the most fireworks I’ve ever seen explode on TV or real life. On a side note, like the Korean news commentator said, “It was my first time seeing smiley face fireworks!”
* That huge mural/scroll thing, where the dancers painted, the children coloured, and the participants stamped, was a neat concept.
* I must be a masochist for spending the last three hours watching all the countries march in. *DIES*
* This is the first time I’ve watched TV for more than five minutes in like months. Wow. The world must be coming to an end.