This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
T-minus 21 days and counting until that fateful day comes. God. May 23rd cannot come any faster! Tokyo is all I can think about right now. It’s like my anti-drug right now. I’m absolutely obsessed with this trip. Somehow I don’t think this obsession is healthy but screw that. I’ll be unhealthy about it all I can.
I met up with Sarah tonight and we went over what I researched and figured out a rough draft of our itinerary. Here’s what we came up with:
Day 1: Friday, May 23
– Get my arse out of bed real early and go to Sarah’s place to take a bus to Incheon Airport together.
– Hopefully depart at 12:05pm and reach Narita by 2:25pm.
– Hop on the tube to go to Chiyoda-ku’s Akasaka-Mitsuke station and check in at our hotel, Akasaka Excel Hotel Tokyu by 5-6pm.
– Then go to Chuo-ku to walk around Ginza and stop by Hakuhinkan Toy Park. Then go to Minato-ku and walk around Roppongi and go to Don Quixote.
Day 2: Saturday, May 24
– Hit Taito-ku and go to Sensoji and Asakusa Jinja.
– Still in Taito-ku, check out Kappabashi-dori, Ameyoko Arcade, and maybe Ueno Park area.
– Then in the late afternoon and early evening, we will hit Shibuya-ku and see Hachiko Statue, Love Hotel Hill, Harajuku, Condomania, Kiddyland, Omote-Sando, and maybe see the gates of Meiji Jingu.
– Finally we’ll hop over to Shinjuku-ku where we’ll walk around Shinjuku Ni-Chome, Shinjuku San-Chome to see Golden Gai, check out Kabuki-cho, and go to Tokyo Tocho.
Day 3: Sunday, May 25
– This day is totally dedicated to otaku shopping spree. We will go to Nakano-ku and hit the Nakano Broadway Centre.
– Then we’ll go to Toshima-ku and check out Otome Road in Ikebukuro.
– Lastly, if we have time, we will check out Akihabara, but considering how Yongsan Electronics Market seems similar to it . . . we might forgo it. Beside, the first two location is gonna be jam-packed with otaku merchandises, anyway.
Day 4: Monday, May 26
– Go back to Minato-ku and check out Tokyo Tower and maybe, if time allows us, go to Chuo-ku and stop by Tsukiji Hongwan-ji to see the temple that holds hide’s memorial.
– Get our butts to Narita where our plane departs 5:20pm, and we arrive in Incheon by 7:55pm.
It’s gonna be a tough itinerary, but we’ll manage to do it! I wished we could have stayed an extra day . . . that would have been nice. Oh well, beggars can’t be picky!
*stares at the itinerary above* AUGH! I cannot wait!