This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I finally got off my arse and watched Brokeback Mountain with Ahmi today. Here are the usual goods, bads, and the uglies.
* Jake Gyllenhaal. GUH. And I like to SAY that I fell in love with him way before freakin’ BM and Day After Tomorrow came out. I liked him back in 1999 when October Sky came out in theatres. He rocked my boat since then. XD Oh such a hottie… minus the moustache.
* The cinematography was gorgeous. Makes me actually want to go hiking up in areas like that now… although I’d have to be really convinced to do so!
* Come on, I like gay men. XD Plain and simple.
* When Jack took Ennis’ shirt… can we say, “AWWW?!”
* Heath Ledger… I do not find him handsome at all. I like Jake all the way.
* Lureen’s character seemed so bland as opposed to Alma’s characterisation. Lureen just striked me as a woman who sure as heck liked to primped herself way up with way too much make-up and weird hairstyles.
* The overall movie was a bit on the slow side for me…especially the beginning where I yelled at the TV for someone to talk!
* Ennis as a whole. What a prick. The way he treated EVERYBODY in the movie ticked me off. Why couldn’t he DIE?!
Great movie as a whole, but not the best movie and certainly not the best homosexual film out there.