This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
I signed up for my two classes for this term. They are:
* COMM 394 – Business Writing – Tues/Thurs 1800~2100
* ENGL 457 – The Modern Novel – Sat 0900~1700
I am so looking forward to reading Faulkner, Hemingway, Heller, Kesey, and Conrad. Yes, I am joyfully excited. As much as one can get excited as getting a flu shot.
The following novels will theoretically be covered in Engl 457:
* Joseph Conrad: Heart of Darkness
* Joseph Heller: Catch-22
* William Faulkner: As I Lay Dying
* Ernest Hemingway: Sun Also Rises & and an anthology of his short stories
* Ken Kesey: One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Six books in 7 weeks. Oh joy. And I’m stuck with doing Conrad’s HoD again! Goodie. *sighs*
Another $1032 down the drain… and sadly, that’s not including the books. My COMM 394 book alone cost $118. Must find a used book for CHEAP. And the ENGL 457 books all together cost $69.
I definitely feel like the epitome of a poor college student.