This post is old, so what you see here may not reflect my current opinion and mindset, certain information may be outdated, and links may be broken.
Received this at LJ… Can’t believe 2004 is already gone. The time sure goes by fast…
Well below is my Review Meme thing.
1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Travel outside Korea by myself.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Erm… I think I didn’t keep mine last year, and I think I will make a few for next year even if I don’t keep them!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
*ponders* No, but I found out a friend of mine is pregnant. I was so happy for her when I heard that news.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope… just found out that a classmate of mine died, but he wasn’t close to me at all.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Guam count? If does, yeah I went there.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Money. I have no clue when I became so much of a money hungry person.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 24; That was my trip to Guam and seeing my best friend whom I haven’t seen for over a year. ^_^
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
a) Making Dean’s List every two terms, b) Not getting upset with the students sometimes, c) Going out of Korea!, d) Surviving two terms of Biology with an “A”, e) Surviving an entire month of substituting meanwhile preparing the students for the Holiday Concert.
9. What was your biggest failure?
x_X a) Not writing as much as I wanted fandom wise, b) Getting my second “B” in Speech, c) Letting the students get to me when I sub.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My knees act up once in a while, and several little colds, and a horrendous stomach flu or poisoning three weeks ago!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bunch of my mangas XD and whatever I bought in Guam.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The students I see at school haha. Honestly, I cannot think of anyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Unfortunately, the students I see at school, and couple of my WHINY classmates in my Human Biology class.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mangas, Guam, Food, Starbucks, College Tuition, and yeah….
15. What did you get really excited about?
When I was given permission to go to Guam all by myself; When Mi Son came here for a week and a half this December; When my band teacher was Dodea’s Teacher of the Year! ^^
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Between Sound of Silence and Ain’t No Mountain High Enough.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I guess… happier in some ways yet sadder in other ways.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Write more, lose a bit of weight, and quitting smoking. XD
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spending money, being a bitch while I sub sometimes yet the students just pisses me off.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Tina. Relatives were over, and I went a hiding from them.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
No question 22.
Strange no question…
23. How many one-night stands?
I don’t like one-night stands, so obviously I don’t have them.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Korean dramas: Chun Guk e Gyedan and Mi Han hae, Sarang Hae.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Um… no, maybe I dislike the person a bit more, but not hate. They haven’t gone to that level yet.
26. What was the best book you read?
Personally, my textbooks. They were NOT the best books to read, but those are the books that I spent more times reading than any other books.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That I can figure out what chord the damn measure is in by looking at the what note the bass cleff section starts with. Duh’. Thanks, Matt! And I can conduct better. Sorta.
28. What did you want and get?
Finally, after waiting six months of pure torture, I received a new computer. Also, of course, the Guam trip!
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Day After Tomorrow … and something that’s older, Philadelphia.
31. What did you do on your birthday?
Was at home, had relatives over I believe.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a digital piano. *looks around wistfully*
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Hoodies, T-Shirts, Vans Sneakers, Baggy Jeans, Plaid Shirts, and glasses. ^^
34. What kept you sane?
My friends both online and offline. And my lovely, cute rabbit, Grumpy!
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gerard Butler, Billy Connolly, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, and Janeane Garofalo.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything relating to abortion, homosexuals’ rights, and the Iraqi “Invasion”.
37. Who do you miss?
My friends who I haven’t seen in the longest times.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Adri, Christine, Hans, Xavier, Louie, and Felix.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Erm… this year enforced how some people will always SUCK, yet how some people will always be there for you, and how I should never quit to satisfy someone other than me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
…. Vivaldi’s Winter First and Second Movement. I realise that is not a song lyric, but that ENTIRE song can sum up my mood this year being it’s up and down.